TOGETHER UNDER ONE ROOF
One Roof Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the Seattle Kraken and Climate Pledge Arena’s commitment to community. Founded upon the belief that the well-being of every person is tied to the well- being of every other person, and that the future health of humanity is dependent on the future health of our planet, One Roof Foundation is committed to building a more equitable society where everyone can realize a brighter future. We invite our fans and our community to join forces with One Roof to ensure that all young people in our region have a roof over their heads, know that hockey is their game too, and have fresh air to breathe. We are in this together – under One Roof.
CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA COMMUNITY COMMITMENTS
OVER $70 MILLION COMMITTED
Climate Pledge Arena and the Seattle Kraken are dedicated to the community we serve. Our commitment to building a better Seattle transcends sports and entertainment, and we will step up as a good neighbor to support initiatives vital to Seattle Center, the surrounding neighborhoods, and the city as a whole.
- $10 million (over 10 years in cash and in-kind) pledge to YouthCare, a local nonprofit helping to end youth homelessness.
- $10 million contribution over 20 years and the development of a Community Fund, providing annual grants that support underserved youth programming in the arts, music, and culture.
- $2.5 million voluntary contribution to support affordable housing in Seattle.
- $3.5 million investment in the arts, engaging local artists in the creation and installation of permanently-sited works of public art created for the Arena and surrounding premises.
- $40 million investment in a Transportation Fund to be administered by the city to address transportation issues in the north downtown area.
- $500,000 for the Seattle Center “Attract and Access” marketing campaign promoting an “open for business” program aimed at maintaining business-as-usual and reducing negative impact during the construction process.
- $225,000 investment in community organizational capacity building, ensuring a strong and vibrant economy within surrounding communities throughout construction.
- 14 free event days each year to support essential activities like the Seattle/King County Health Clinic.