TOGETHER UNDER ONE ROOF
One Roof Foundation serves as the philanthropic arm of the Seattle Kraken and Climate Pledge Arena’s commitment to community. Founded upon the belief that the well-being of every person is tied to the well- being of every other person, and that the future health of humanity is dependent on the future health of our planet, One Roof Foundation is committed to building a more equitable society where everyone can realize a brighter future. We invite our fans and our community to join forces with One Roof to ensure that all young people in our region have a roof over their heads, know that hockey is their game too, and have fresh air to breathe. We are in this together – under One Roof.
CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA COMMUNITY COMMITMENTS
OVER $70 MILLION COMMITTED
Climate Pledge Arena and the Seattle Kraken are dedicated to the community we serve. Our commitment to building a better Seattle transcends sports and entertainment, and we will step up as a good neighbor to support initiatives vital to Seattle Center, the surrounding neighborhoods, and the city as a whole.
- $10 million (over 10 years in cash and in-kind) pledge to YouthCare, a local nonprofit helping to end youth homelessness.
- $10 million contribution over 20 years and the development of a Community Fund, providing annual grants that support underserved youth programming in the arts, music, and culture.
- $2.5 million voluntary contribution to support affordable housing in Seattle.
- $3.5 million investment in the arts, engaging local artists in the creation and installation of permanently-sited works of public art created for the Arena and surrounding premises.
- $40 million investment in a Transportation Fund to be administered by the city to address transportation issues in the north downtown area.
- $500,000 for the Seattle Center “Attract and Access” marketing campaign promoting an “open for business” program aimed at maintaining business-as-usual and reducing negative impact during the construction process.
- $225,000 investment in community organizational capacity building, ensuring a strong and vibrant economy within surrounding communities throughout construction.
- 14 free event days each year to support essential activities like the Seattle/King County Health Clinic.
Please note a few guidelines for donation requests:
- Due to COVID-19, we will not be accepting any requests for player appearances. We want to do everything we can to ensure everyone’s health and safety and thank you for your support and understanding.
- To be eligible for a donation, your organization must have 501(c)3 tax exempt status and reside within 75 miles of Climate Pledge Arena or be a youth hockey program in one of these five states: AK, ID, MT, OR, WA. If your organization is located outside of this geographic area, please contact the NHL team nearest you to request a donation.
- We will prioritize requests submitted by organizations whose mission(s) closely align with our three pillars of hockey access, youth homelessness, and environmental justice. We do not donate to political, religious, advocacy, or special interest groups, or any organization that may in any way conflict with our goals, programs, or affiliations.
- We will provide a response to all requests – whether approved or not – so please refrain from contacting our offices to check on the status of your request. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected].