Over $70 million committed to our community.
Climate Pledge Arena and NHL Seattle are dedicated to the community we serve. Our commitment to building a better Seattle transcends sports and entertainment, and we will step up as a good neighbor to support initiatives vital to Seattle Center, the surrounding neighborhoods, and the city as a whole.
- $10 million (over 10 years in cash and in-kind) pledge to YouthCare, a local nonprofit helping to end youth homelessness.
- $10 million contribution over 20 years and the development of a Community Fund, providing annual grants that support underserved youth programming in the arts, music, and culture.
- $2.5 million voluntary contribution to support affordable housing in Seattle.
- $3.5 million investment in the arts, engaging local artists in the creation and installation of permanently-sited works of public art created for the Arena and surrounding premises.
- $40 million investment in a Transportation Fund to be administered by the city to address transportation issues in the north downtown area.
- $500,000 for the Seattle Center “Attract and Access” marketing campaign promoting an “open for business” program aimed at maintaining business-as-usual and reducing negative impact during the construction process.
- $225,000 investment in community organizational capacity building, ensuring a strong and vibrant economy within surrounding communities throughout construction.
- 14 free event days each year to support essential activities like the Seattle/King County Health Clinic.