CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA at SEATTLE CENTER
October 8, 2021
Along with the Arena opening, the Seattle Department of Transportation has designed improvements that include curbside modifications, enhanced Uptown and Arena access through transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. To learn more about how SDOT and Climate Pledge Arena are improving multi-modal transportation options in the Uptown neighborhood in 2021, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/nodomap or www.climatepledgearena.com/transportation
As identified in the map above, street and sidewalk improvements are in progress. This work will include use of heavy equipment that may be impactful and generate noise.
It is in progress at the following locations:
- ROAD STRIPING WILL COMMENCE AT 7PM ON OCTOBER 8th AND WILL CONTINUE THROUGH OCTOBER 15th . THIS WORK WILL BE PERFORMED 24/7
This will include:
- 1st AVE N BETWEEN W DENNY WAY & ROY ST
- QUEEN ANNE AVE BETWEEN ROY ST & THOMAS ST
- AND ALL INTERSECTIONS IN BETWEEN
- Warren Ave N between Thomas St and John St will be closed for repaving the weekend of Oct. 9-10.
- Work at 1st Ave N & Mercer will be ongoing until October 15th. The NW corner is projected to be open by the end of the weekend.
- Work at 1st Ave N & Thomas St will be ongoing until Oct. 15th.
- Concrete work on the west sidewalk of 1st Ave N, south of Thomas St, will continue through Oct. 15th.
- Work at the intersection of Queen Anne Ave and Thomas St is projected to continue through mid-October.
- Work on the south side of 2nd Ave N and W Denny Way is underway. Please see the attached SDOT mailer for what to expect during construction and changes upon completion.
- Installation of the protected bike lane on the west side of 1st Ave N between Denny Way and Thomas St is complete but not open for use.
Proper signage, staffing and safety measures will be in place at all locations.
SDOT is constructing a new PBL connection from 2nd Ave & Broad St to 1st Ave & Denny Way via 1st Ave and Broast St, to support mobility between Belltown and Uptown when the new Climate Pledge Arena opens. Click here for the project website, or here for the latest construction notice.
SDOT approved the use of 2nd Ave for inbound and outbound trucks during the hours of
7 am–10 pm Mon.–Fri. and 9 am–10 pm Sat., Sun., and Holidays.
SDOT approved routes for all hours include westbound on Thomas St. to southbound Queen Anne Ave. N.
Construction is allowed 24/7. Impact work hours are limited to daytime work only.
Construction Impact Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm impact work
Saturday/Sunday/Holidays 9 am – 5 pm impact work
- Fencing surrounding the project will be removed by the end of next week.
- Ice work is done Sept. 27-Oct. 2.
- Work on the 1st Ave N garage continues and includes pressure washing, striping, elevator and fire alarm, and signage.
- South Parcel paving is underway.
- Landscaping work will be performed around the perimeter of the South Parcel through the month of October.
- Exterior art installations are underway.
- Installation of landscaping flora continues on the south side of the Arena.
- Food & beverage stocking is underway.
- Interior art installations are nearing completion.
- Retail spaces and concession stands are nearing completion.
- Areas are being reviewed, signed off and sealed for occupancy.
- The north courtyard will be cleaned next week, including exterior window washing of KEXP, The Vera Project and SIFF.
North Courtyard – Renovation of the North Courtyards (upper and lower) continues. The Courtyards are closed to the public and access will be limited to Seattle Center staff and Resident Organizations. Proper staffing and safety measures are in place. Courtyard work is being done during daytime hours only.
Upgrades to the upper NW breezeway between KEXP and The Vera Project continue. Improvements including replacement of the concrete slab, waterproofing and structural reinforcement of the slab are underway.
Work hours are Monday – Saturday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. This work is projected to continue through September and the breezeway will be closed to pedestrian access for the duration of the project.
Bi-Weekly Arena Meeting – Open to all, the bi-weekly Arena meetings are open house forums to provide project updates and coordinate with stakeholders including but not limited to local businesses, communities, SDOT, SDCI and Seattle Center resident organizations on construction impacts and efforts to support ongoing activities at Seattle Center and in the adjacent communities.
Date Time Location
Oct. 14 8 am Zoom Virtual meeting – https://climatepledgearena.zoom.us/j/95027490478
CONSTRUCTION HOTLINE: (206) 401-9896
CONSTRUCTION EMAIL: [email protected]
Follow Climate Pledge Arena on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram: @ClimatePledgeArena