CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA at SEATTLE CENTER
September 10, 2021
Along with the Arena opening, the Seattle Department of Transportation has designed improvements that include curbside modifications, enhanced Uptown and Arena access through transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. To learn more about how SDOT and Climate Pledge Arena are improving multi-modal transportation options in the Uptown neighborhood in 2021, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/nodomap or www.climatepledgearena.com/transportation
As identified in the map above, street and sidewalk improvements are in progress. This work will include use of heavy equipment that may be impactful and generate noise. It is in progress at the following locations:
- Concrete on the west side of 1st Ave N between will be poured between Sept. 15-Oct. 1. Access to Pottery NW will be redirected on Thomas St.
- Improvements at the intersection of 1st Ave N and Mercer St continue. Concrete work on the NE corner will be performed on Monday, 9/13.
- Work on the NW corner of 1st Ave N and Thomas St continues and is projected to be finished next week. Pedestrians will be detoured via signage.
- Concrete is being poured on the SE corner of 1st Ave N and Thomas St and is projected to be finished and open on Tuesday, Sept. 14.
- Sidewalk improvements on the south side of Thomas St are nearing completion. This section is projected to be open by Tuesday, Sept. 14. In the meantime, pedestrian access between 1st Ave N and Warren Ave N is maintained via a detour.
- Work on SE corner of Warren & Thomas is projected to start the third week of September.
- Work at the intersection of Queen Anne Ave and Thomas St will resume next week and is projected to continue through September. While overhead work is being performed, traffic will be managed by UPOs.
- Blue/6 = Work on the south side of 2nd Ave N and W Denny Way is projected to start the third week of September.
- Installation of the protected bike lane on the west side of 1st Ave N between Denny Way and Thomas St is complete but not open for use.
Proper signage, staffing and safety measures will be in place at all locations.
SDOT approved the use of 2nd Ave for inbound and outbound trucks during the hours of
7 am–10 pm Mon.–Fri. and 9 am–10 pm Sat., Sun., and Holidays.
SDOT approved routes for all hours include westbound on Thomas St. to southbound Queen Anne Ave. N.
The Arena MPPCNV is activated.
Construction is allowed 24/7. Impact work hours are limited to daytime work only.
Construction Impact Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm impact work
Saturday/Sunday/Holidays 9 am – 5 pm impact work
- Carpet and tile flooring installation continues.
- Doors and lighting are being installed in various spaces.
- Areas are being reviewed, signed off and sealed for occupancy.
- Enhancements on the 1st Ave N garage will begin this month.
- Rink ice and dasher installation is projected to start this month.
- Interior floors are being sealed.
- Stair and elevation work on the plaza areas continues to bring the exterior to life.
- Concrete work on the East Plaza is nearing completion and the West Plaza continues.
- Exterior art installations are underway.
- Installation of landscaping flora is underway at the north end of the Arena.
- Scoreboard displays are being tested and nearing completion.
- Ribbon boards are installed and being tested.
- Food & beverage equipment installation continues.
- Finishing work in the press space is nearing completion.
- Interior art installations continue.
- Installation of seats, safety glass and railings throughout the bowl continues.
- Retail spaces and concession stands are taking shape.
- Catwalk work and installation of lighting on the rigging grid continues during nighttime hours.
North Courtyard – Renovation of the North Courtyards (upper and lower) continues. The Courtyards are closed to the public and access will be limited to Seattle Center staff and Resident Organizations. Proper staffing and safety measures are in place. Courtyard work is being done during daytime hours only.
Upgrades to the upper NW breezeway between KEXP and The Vera Project continue. Improvements including replacement of the concrete slab, waterproofing and structural reinforcement of the slab are underway.
Work hours are weekdays 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. Saturday hours will commence later this month. This work is projected to continue through September and the breezeway will be closed to pedestrian access for the duration of the project.
Bi-Weekly Arena Meeting – Open to all, the bi-weekly Arena meetings are open house forums to provide project updates and coordinate with stakeholders including but not limited to local businesses, communities, SDOT, SDCI and Seattle Center resident organizations on construction impacts and efforts to support ongoing activities at Seattle Center and in the adjacent communities.
Date Time Location
Sept. 16th 8 am Zoom Virtual meeting – https://climatepledgearena.zoom.us/j/95027490478
CONSTRUCTION HOTLINE: (206) 401-9896
CONSTRUCTION EMAIL: [email protected]
Follow Climate Pledge Arena on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram: @ClimatePledgeArena