CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA at SEATTLE CENTER
July 30, 2021
Along with the Arena opening, the Seattle Department of Transportation has designed improvements that include curbside modifications, enhanced Uptown and Arena access through transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. To learn more about how SDOT and Climate Pledge Arena are improving multi-modal transportation options in the Uptown neighborhood in 2021, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/nodomap or www.climatepledgearena.com/transportation
As identified in the map above, street and sidewalk improvements are in progress. This work will include use of heavy equipment that may be impactful and generate noise. It is in progress at the following locations:
- 1st Ave N will be CLOSED to vehicular traffic 7 am – 10 pm between Denny Way and Harrison St, Saturday, July 31st and Sunday, Aug. 1st. NB and SB pedestrian access will be maintained.
- Due to this work there will be no pedestrian access on Thomas St between 1st Ave N and Warren Ave N on Sat., July 31st and Sunday, Aug 1st. Pedestrian access will be detoured to John St.
- Sidewalk improvements on the south side of Thomas St between 1st Ave N and Warren Ave N continue through next week. Pedestrian access maintained via detour.
- Installation of the protected bike lane on the west side of 1st Ave N between Denny Way and Thomas St is complete but not open for use.
- Curb improvement work on 1st Ave N between Thomas St and Republican St continues. This requires closure of the east traffic lane.
- Thomas St between Queen Anne Ave and 1st Ave N is closed to vehicular traffic 7 am-10 pm. This closure will be in place through early next week. Pedestrian access is now open on the north and south sides.
- Work on the SW corner of Thomas St and Warren Ave N is underway and projected to be finished next week. The west sidewalk of Warren Ave N between the entry of the 1st Ave N garage and the SW corner is closed to pedestrians.
- Sidewalk and curb improvements on the SW corner of Warren Ave N and John St will start on Tuesday and continue for approximately 2 weeks.
- Improvements at the intersection of 1st Ave N and Mercer St are projected to start the first week of August and continue through the month.
Proper signage, staffing and safety measures will be in place at all locations.
SDOT approved the use of 2nd Ave for inbound and outbound trucks during the hours of
7 am–10 pm Mon.–Fri. and 9 am–10 pm Sat., Sun., and Holidays.
SDOT approved routes for all hours include westbound on Thomas St. to southbound Queen Anne Ave. N.
The Arena MPPCNV is activated.
Construction is allowed 24/7. Impact work hours are limited to daytime work only.
Construction Impact Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm impact work
Saturday/Sunday/Holidays 9 am – 5 pm impact work
Interior Work – All work will progress during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
- Exterior stairs and elevation work on the plaza areas continues.
- Suites are nearing completion.
- Food & beverage equipment is being tested.
- Escalators are installed and being tested.
- Finishing work in the press space continues.
- Scoreboards are taking shape with the installation of electronic elements.
- Interior art installations are underway.
- Roof work including drainage repair, cleaning and painting continues.
- Installation of acoustical panels continues.
- Installation of solar panels on the Alaska Airlines Atrium roof and the 1st Ave N garage continues.
- Installation of seats, safety glass and railing continues.
- Interior spaces continue to take shape with elements including fireproofing, sprinkler systems, lighting, framing, drywall work, painting, carpet installation and finishing work.
- Build out of the retail space and concession stands continues.
- Catwalk work and installation of lighting on the rigging grid continues during nighttime hours.
- Build out of ingress/egress at all four corners on the exterior plaza continues.
North Courtyard – Renovation of the North Courtyards (upper and lower) continues. The Courtyards are closed to the public and access will be limited to Seattle Center staff and Resident Organizations. Proper staffing and safety measures are in place. Courtyard work is being done during daytime hours only.
Upgrades to the upper NW breezeway between KEXP and The Vera Project continue. Demolition of concrete in the upper breezeway is nearing completion. Improvements including replacement of the concrete slab, waterproofing and structural reinforcement of the slab is underway.
Work hours are weekdays 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. This work is projected to continue through September 1st and the breezeway will be closed to pedestrian access for the duration of the project.
Bi-Weekly Arena Meeting – Open to all, the bi-weekly Arena meetings are open house forums to provide project updates and coordinate with stakeholders including but not limited to local businesses, communities, SDOT, SDCI and Seattle Center resident organizations on construction impacts and efforts to support ongoing activities at Seattle Center and in the adjacent communities.
Date Time Location
Aug. 5th 8 am Zoom Virtual meeting – https://climatepledgearena.zoom.us/j/95027490478
CONSTRUCTION HOTLINE: (206) 401-9896
CONSTRUCTION EMAIL: [email protected]
Follow Climate Pledge Arena on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram: @ClimatePledgeArena