CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA at SEATTLE CENTER
MAY 7, 2021
Connection of Arena sewer lines to City systems continues between Thomas St and Harrison St and is projected to finish the weekend of May 22-23.
As detailed in the map below, connection work will:
- Limit traffic to one lane on the East side of 1st Ave N between Thomas St and Harrison St the weekends of May 8-9, May 15-16 and May 22-23.
- This is weekend work only that will be done during daytime hours.
Along with the Arena opening, the Seattle Department of Transportation has designed improvements that include curbside modifications, enhanced Uptown and Arena access through transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. To learn more about how SDOT and Climate Pledge Arena are improving multi-modal transportation options in the Uptown neighborhood in 2021, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/nodomap or www.climatepledgearena.com/transportation
As identified in the map above, street and sidewalk improvements are in progress. This work will include use of heavy equipment that will be impactful and generate noise. It is in progress at the following locations:
- Installation of the protected bike lane on the west side of 1st Ave. N between Denny Way and Thomas St is projected to start in June.
- Street painting on Queen Anne Ave between Mercer St and Thomas St is projected to be done May 17-20.
- SW corner of Queen Anne Ave and Thomas St is ongoing and will continue through mid-May.
- SE corner of 1st Ave N and Republican St is projected to start as soon as the NW corner is finished and continue through May 12.
- SW corner of 1st Ave N and Republican St is projected to start as soon as the SE corner is finished and continue through the end of May.
- Street painting at 1st Ave. N and Republican St is projected to be done May 17-20.
Proper signage, staffing and safety measures will be in place at all locations.
SDOT approved the use of 2 Ave for inbound and outbound trucks during the hours of
7 am–10 pm Mon.–Fri. and 9 am–10 pm Sat., Sun., and Holidays.
SDOT approved routes for all hours include westbound on Thomas St. to southbound Queen Anne Ave. N.
The Arena MPPCNV is activated.
Construction is allowed 24/7. Impact work hours are limited to daytime work only.
Construction Impact Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm impact workSaturday/Sunday/Holidays
9 am – 5 pm impact work
Interior Work – All work will progress during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
- The ice slab concrete pour is complete.
- The ice slab will require 14 days to cure. Scoreboard work will continue after this time.
- Sections of the sound wall on the East and South sides of the project will be removed as work on the exterior progresses.
- Installation of seats is ongoing and installation of safety glass and railing is underway.
- Interior spaces continue to take shape and work progresses with elements including fireproofing, sprinkler systems, lighting, framing, drywall work, painting and finishing work.
- Power continues to be switched over from temporary to permanent, where possible.
- Catwalk work and installation of lighting on the rigging grid continues during nighttime hours.
- Tile and millwork continues on multiple levels.
- Build out of ingress/egress at all four corners on the exterior plaza continues.
- Excavation for the rain collection system on the West side of the exterior will start on Tuesday, May 11th. This will require heavy equipment that will be impactful and generate noise. Excavation is projected to finish by Saturday, May 15th.
- Exterior stairs and elevation work is underway.
- Construction of the Customer Service office continues.
North Courtyard – Renovation of the North Courtyards (upper and lower) continues. The Courtyards are closed to the public and access will be limited to Seattle Center staff and Resident Organizations. Proper staffing and safety measures are in place. Courtyard work will be done during daytime hours only. As part of the North Courtyard renovation, SDCI has granted approval for the removal of the north segment of the sound wall with the condition that the Arena’s historic curtain wall is sealed.
Upgrades to the upper NW breezeway between KEXP and The Vera Project will begin on Monday, May 3. Improvements include the removal of the storage rooms, replacement of the concrete and waterproofing, and structural reinforcement of the slab.
Work hours are weekdays 7:00 am – 3:00 pm. This work is projected to continue through September 1 and the breezeway will be closed to pedestrian access for the duration of the project.
Bi-Weekly Arena Meeting – Open to all, the bi-weekly Arena meetings are open house forums to provide project updates and coordinate with stakeholders including but not limited to local businesses, communities, SDOT, SDCI and Seattle Center resident organizations on construction impacts and efforts to support ongoing activities at Seattle Center and in the adjacent communities.
Date Time Location
May 13th 8 am Zoom Virtual meeting – https://seattlekrakenhockey.zoom.us/j/97458901069
CONSTRUCTION HOTLINE: (206) 401-9896
CONSTRUCTION EMAIL: [email protected]
Follow Climate Pledge Arena on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram: @ClimatePledgeArena