CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA at SEATTLE CENTER
APRIL 16, 2021
Connection of Arena sewer lines to City systems will resume Saturday, April 17 on 1st Ave N between Thomas St. and Harrison St. and continue through the first week of May. This work will include a lane closure and weekday work April 17 through April 23.
As detailed in the map below, connection work will include:
- Daily work April 17-23. Weekend work April 24-25 and May 1-2.
- 1st Ave N between Thomas St. and Harrison St. will be limited to one lane of traffic.
- April 17-23 the protected bike lane on the west side will be removed and this lane will be closed.
- Weekend work April 24-25 and May 1-2 will require closure of the east lane on both weekends.
Along with the Arena opening, the Seattle Department of Transportation has designed improvements that include curbside modifications, enhanced Uptown and Arena access through transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. To learn more about how SDOT and Climate Pledge Arena are improving multi-modal transportation options in the Uptown neighborhood in 2021, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/nodomap or www.climatepledgearena.com/arena/transportation
As identified in the map above, street and sidewalk improvements are in progress. This work will include use of heavy equipment that will be impactful and generate noise. It is in progress at the following locations:
- Queen Anne Ave. between Mercer St. and Republican St. is ongoing and projected to continue through April 14.
- Queen Anne Ave between Republican St. and Harrison St. is ongoing and projected to continue at that location through April 14.
- Queen Anne Ave between Harrison St. and Thomas St. is ongoing and will continue through April 23.
- NW corner of Queen Anne Ave and Thomas St. is ongoing and will continue through April 30. This work will require a westbound lane closure of Thomas St. between Queen Anne Ave. and 1 Ave. W through Wednesday, April 21.
- SW corner of Queen Anne Ave and Thomas St. is projected to start on April 26 and continue through mid-May.
- NW corner of 1stAve N and Republican St. is projected to continue through April 26.
- SE corner of 1st Ave N and Republican St. is projected to start as soon as the NW corner is finished and continue through May 11.
Proper signage, staffing and safety measures will be in place at all locations.
SDOT approved the use of 2 Ave for inbound and outbound trucks during the hours of
7 am–10 pm Mon.–Fri. and 9 am–10 pm Sat., Sun., and Holidays.
SDOT approved routes for all hours include westbound on Thomas St. to southbound Queen Anne Ave. N.
The Arena MPPCNV is activated.
Construction is allowed 24/7. Impact work hours are limited to daytime work only.
Construction Impact Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm impact workSaturday/Sunday/Holidays
9 am – 5 pm impact work
Interior Work – All work will progress during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
- Installation of piping for the ice slab has started.
- The garage entry is nearing completion.
- Interior spaces continue to take shape and work progresses with elements including fireproofing, lighting, framing, drywall work, painting and finishing work.
- Power continues to be switched over from temporary to permanent, where possible.
- Installation of Arena ribbon boards is nearing completion.
- Installation of the twin scoreboards is ongoing.
- Catwalk work and installation of lighting in the rigging grid continues.
- Tile and millwork continues on multiple levels.
- Handrails on the upper deck are being installed and prep work for seating installation continues.
- Seat installation is projected to start before the end of the month.
- Build out of ingress/egress at all four corners continues.
- Construction of the Customer Service office continues.
North Courtyard – Renovation of the North Courtyards (upper and lower) continues. The Courtyards are closed to the public and access will be limited to Seattle Center staff and Resident Organizations. Proper staffing and safety measures are in place. Courtyard work will be done during daytime hours only. As part of the North Courtyard renovation, SDCI has granted approval for the removal of the north segment of the sound wall with the condition that the Arena’s historic curtain wall is sealed.
South Parcel (south of Pottery Northwest) – Connection of Arena sewer lines to City systems is suspended until April 17th. Per SDOT, this work will be done during daytime hours on weekends only. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
Construction activity for utility work on Thomas St. between Warren Ave. N and 1st Ave. N continues.
Bi-Weekly Arena Meeting – Open to all, the bi-weekly Arena meetings are open house forums to provide project updates and coordinate with stakeholders including but not limited to local businesses, communities, SDOT, SDCI and Seattle Center resident organizations on construction impacts and efforts to support ongoing activities at Seattle Center and in the adjacent communities.
Date Time Location
April 29th 6 pm Zoom Virtual meeting – https://seattlekrakenhockey.zoom.us/j/97458901069
CONSTRUCTION HOTLINE: (206) 401-9896
CONSTRUCTION EMAIL: [email protected]
Follow Climate Pledge Arena on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram: @ClimatePledgeArena