The swing crane will be dismantled and removed from the project April 2-4. Pedestrian access on Thomas St. will be maintained. Proper staffing and safety measures will be in place.
Connection of Arena sewer lines to City systems is suspended. This work will resume the weekend of April 10 and continue through the first week of May. When this work resumes, it will include a left lane closure and weekday work from April 10 through April 16.
This work is weather dependent.
Along with the Arena opening, the Seattle Department of Transportation has designed improvements that include curbside modifications, enhanced Uptown and Arena access through transit, bicycle and pedestrian improvements. To learn more about how SDOT and Climate Pledge Arena are improving multi-modal transportation options in the Uptown neighborhood in 2021, visit www.seattle.gov/transportation/nodomap or www.climatepledgearena.com/arena/transportation.
As identified in the map above, street and sidewalk improvement is in progress. This work will include use of heavy equipment that will be impactful and generate noise. It is in progress at the following locations:
- Queen Anne Ave. between Mercer St. and Republican St. is ongoing and projected to continue through April 14.
- Queen Anne Ave between Republican St. and Harrison St. is projected to start April 1 and continue at that location through April 14.
- Queen Anne Ave between Harrison St. and Thomas St. is projected to start April 5 and continue at that location through April 12.
- NW corner of 1st Ave N and Republican St. will continue on April 14 and is projected to continue through April 26.
- NE corner of 1st Ave N and Republican St. is intermittent and projected to continue through April 15.
- SE corner of 1st Ave N and Republican St will be prepped with saw cutting work on April 6. Work is projected to continue at this location April 26 – May 11.
- Sidewalk improvements are projected to be done April 7-20. This sidewalk is currently closed.
- Intersection of Warren St. and John St. Curb improvements at this intersection is ongoing and will continue through May 5.
Proper signage, staffing and safety measures will be in place at all locations.
SDOT approved the use of 2nd Ave for inbound and outbound trucks during the hours of
7 am–10 pm Mon.–Fri. and 9 am–10 pm Sat., Sun., and Holidays.
SDOT approved routes for all hours include westbound on Thomas St. to southbound Queen Anne Ave. N.
The Arena MPPCNV is activated.
Construction is allowed 24/7. Impact work hours are limited to daytime work only.
Construction Impact Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm impact workSaturday/Sunday/Holidays
9 am – 5 pm impact work
Interior Work – All work will progress during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
- Interior work progresses with elements including fireproofing, lighting installation, framing, drywall work and painting and finishing work.
- Masonry work in the loading dock is nearing completion.
- Arena ribbon boards are being installed and nearing completion.
- Prep work is underway for installation of the twin scoreboards.
- Installation of lighting in the rigging grid continues.
- Tile and millwork is underway on multiple levels.
- Handrails in the upper deck are being installed and prep work for seating installation continues.
- Build out of ingress/egress at all four corners continues.
- Slab placements are largely complete with the last pour to complete the outer ring scheduled for Saturday morning from 2:00am – 8:00am.
North Courtyard – Renovation of the North Courtyards (upper and lower) continues. The Courtyards are closed to the public and access will be limited to Seattle Center staff and Resident Organizations. Proper staffing and safety measures are in place. Courtyard work will be done during daytime hours only. As part of the North Courtyard renovation, SDCI has granted approval for the removal of the north segment of the sound wall with the condition that the Arena’s historic curtain wall is sealed.
South Parcel (south of Pottery Northwest) – Connection of Arena sewer lines to City systems is suspended until April 10th. Per SDOT, this work will be done during daytime hours on weekends only. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
Construction activity for utility work on Thomas St. between Warren Ave. N and 1st Ave. N continues.
Bi-Weekly Arena Meeting – Open to all, the bi-weekly Arena meetings are open house forums to provide project updates and coordinate with stakeholders including but not limited to local businesses, communities, SDOT, SDCI and Seattle Center resident organizations on construction impacts and efforts to support ongoing activities at Seattle Center and in the adjacent communities.
Date Time Location
April 15th 8 am Zoom Virtual meeting – https://seattlekrakenhockey.zoom.us/j/97458901069
CONSTRUCTION HOTLINE: (206) 401-9896
CONSTRUCTION EMAIL: [email protected]
Follow Climate Pledge Arena on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram: @ClimatePledgeArena