The atrium steel structure is complete.
Work to finish the tunnel includes shotcrete and waterproofing. Noise generating activities are underground, which should help reduce levels. Noise mitigation enhancement is continually being evaluated and installed.
Interior work continues and the installation of the Arena rigging grid is underway. Steel erection, utilities installation and fire proofing is ongoing. Spaces such as suites, locker rooms and the Loading Dock continue to take shape.
Installation of the landmarked curtain wall and glass continues to progress well.
SDOT has approved the use of 2nd Ave for inbound and outbound trucks during the hours of
7 am–10 pm Mon.–Fri. and 9 am–10 pm Sat., Sun., and Holidays.
SDOT approved routes for all hours include westbound on Thomas St. to southbound Queen Anne Ave. N.
The Arena MPPCNV is activated.
Construction is allowed 24/7. Impact work hours are limited to daytime work only.
Construction Impact Work Hours:
Monday- Friday 8 am – 5 pm impact work
9 am – 5 pm impact work
North Side – Structural steel erection continues along with slab placements that start early morning. Underground utilities are being installed during evening hours. All work will progress during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
South Side – Tunnel excavation is complete. The atrium steel is complete. The loading docks and back of house spaces are progressing. Foundation placement, shotcrete operations and excavation work continues. Structural steel erection continues along with slab placements that start early morning.. Excavation/backfill activities, along with underground utilities are being installed during evening hours. All work will be done during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
Construction activity for utility work on Thomas St. between Warren Ave. N and 1st Ave. N continues. Pedestrian access is maintained via detours. Proper staffing and safety measures are in place.
West Side – Waterproofing, shotcrete, foundation excavation and new foundation placement is progressing. Structural steel erection continues with slab placements that start early morning. Excavation/backfill activities, along with underground utilities, are being installed during evening hours. All work will be done during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
East Side – Installation of the landmarked curtain wall and glass is progressing well. Construction work includes waterproofing, shotcrete, foundation excavation and new foundation placement. Structural steel erection continues along with slab placements that start early morning. Excavation/backfill activities and underground utilities will be installed during evening hours. All work will be done during daytime hours, which includes Saturdays and Sundays from 9 am – 5 pm for impact work. All other work will occur as permitted by the MPPCNV.
South Parcel (south of Pottery Northwest) – Tunnel excavation is complete!
SDCI has granted a TNV that permits the extension of non-impact construction activity within the South Parcel seven days per week during the windows of 10 pm – 7 am (10 pm – 9 am on weekends and holidays). The South Parcel TNV has been issued for work through Monday, December 21st.
Conditions set by SDCI for the South Parcel TNV are as follows:
● Construction of 12-foot noise barrier around perimeter of South Parcel
● Limit impact work such as auger shaking, jack hammering, hoe ram use, or vibratory compacting to the hours allowed by SMC 25.08.425.C;
● Use drilling methods vs impact driving for shoring (i.e., soldier pile walls) and pier installation;
● Prohibit concrete saws during nighttime hours;
● lieu of pure-tone, mobile equipment backup alarms, use strobe warning lights or flaggers when possible. When strobe warning lights or flaggers not feasible, construction contractor will use broadband backup alarms. Also, create site logistics that minimize need for mobile equipment to reverse;
● Prohibit compression brakes;
● Construct enclosures around stationary equipment;
● Perform particularly noisy operations during daytime hours or schedule several noisy operations concurrently rather than separately;
● Employ time constraints for noisy operations to reduce potential impacts during sensitive time periods;
● Provide training to supervisors to increase awareness of construction noise as it relates to the noise-sensitive surrounding;
● Use properly sized and maintained mufflers, and if feasible, engine intake silencers and engine enclosures;
● Turn off idle equipment after no more than five minutes;
● To reduce noise during loading of soils with cobble, employ one of the following mitigation measures if deemed necessary:
● Line tuck beds with rubberized noise-absorbing material. Load large cobble using progressive link excavator buckets or similar and ensure loading is performed by a skilled operator or alternatively;
● Carefully load truck beds first with soils or fine gravels followed by larger pieces of cobble using excavator with progressive link excavator buckets or similar;
● Installation of a 24-hour construction noise monitoring system to log construction site noise.
● An additional Noise Monitoring Terminal, NMT4, has been placed on roof of Avalon Cooperative, a 3-story building located at northwest corner of 1st Ave N and John St.
Bi-Weekly Arena Meeting – Open to all, the bi-weekly Arena meetings are open house forums to provide project updates and coordinate with stakeholders including but not limited to local businesses, communities, SDOT, SDCI and Seattle Center resident organizations on construction impacts and efforts to support ongoing activities at Seattle Center and in the adjacent communities.
Date Time Location
Dec. 17th. 8 am Zoom Virtual meeting – https://seattlekrakenhockey.zoom.us/j/97458901069
CONSTRUCTION HOTLINE: (206) 401-9896
CONSTRUCTION EMAIL: [email protected]
Follow Climate Pledge Arena on Social Media
Facebook & Instagram: @ClimatePledgeArena